-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: My paraphrase
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:25:13 -0600
From: Mike Walz
To: Gardner Selby <wgselby@statesman.com>

Effective June 21, 2008, adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID that contains the following: name, date of birth, gender, expiration date and a tamper-resistant feature in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.

The 2005 Texas Legislature passed a bill that, effective August 1, 2005, requires pharmacies that engage in over-the-counter sales of tablet forms of products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or norpseudoephedrine must keep those products behind the pharmacy counter or in a locked case within 30 feet and in a direct line of sight from a pharmacy counter staffed by an employee of the pharmacy. The state law does not apply to liquid, liquid capsule, or liquid-gel capsule forms of the products. (Note: see more stringent federal requirements below). There are also new record-keeping requirements when selling one of these products. Before completing the over-the-counter sale of a product containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or norpseudoephedrine, a pharmacy must require the person making the purchase to:
- display a driver's license or other form of identification containing the person's photograph and indicating that the person is 16 years of age or older; and

Library Card:
A customer must have a valid Austin Public Library Card in order to check out materials. Library materials may not be checked out while there are outstanding items or charges on a borrower's record. The Star Card for Texas residents is free of charge. A Star Card may be obtained by presenting a completed application form in person at the Faulk Central Library or any branch. In addition, a valid photo ID and proof of current residence address will be requested. Acceptable IDs include a driver's license, Texas Department of Public Safety ID, Passport, Non U.S. driver's license, International Passport, Credencial para votar en Mexico, Resident Alien Registration Card, and military, school or employee photo ID or non-U.S. passport with a Social Security Card (if available).

To apply for a library card, you will need to visit any library location with
- A current government-issued photo ID

Getting your library card in person:
- Stop by any San Antonio Public Library Location.
- You need a photo ID and proof of current address - like your driver's license.

Mike Walz
Communications Director
Office of Lt. Governor David Dewhurst