|From: "Meghan Ashford-Grooms" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:13:54 -0600|
|To: Meghan Ashford-Grooms <email@example.com>|
|Date:||Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:54:05 +0000|
· Nobody is proposing to tax Christmas trees.
· What’s being talked about here is an industry group deciding to impose fees on itself to fund a promotional campaign and there are many success stories in every sector of the industry (Milk, Beef, Pork, etc).
· These check-off programs are important to American agricultural producers across the spectrum.
· Unfortunately, deliberate spreading of misinformation about the Christmas tree program has caused confusion for consumers heading into this Christmas season.
· For that reason, we have delayed implementation of the program and are looking at steps forward.
Deputy Director, Office of Communications
U.S. Department of Agriculture