|Subject:||U.S. Rep. Ron Paul Won't Seek Reelection -- TxAFLCIOENews|
|Date:||Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:46:37 -0500|
1--Paul Focusing Full Attention on Presidential Race
2--Chevy Sonic Represents New Manufacturing Model in U.S.
3--ALEC Behind 'Paycheck Deception,' Other Anti-Worker Bills, Report Says
4--Retirees Ask for Calls to Congress on Social Security
4) The Alliance for Retired Americans relays news of two call-in days later this week to ask the U.S. Senate to preserve Social Security:
National Call-In Days: July 14-15
Your Social Security benefits are under attack by politicians in Washington. They want to:
• Cut Social Security’s Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA) to reduce the deficit. But Social Security doesn’t contribute a penny to the deficit.
• Raid Social Security by using your contributions to give a tax break to Wall Street banks, Big Oil and other corporations.
They shouldn’t get another taxpayer handout. Social Security belongs to you. You pay for it in every paycheck. Don’t let them cut it or raid it!
Call your Senators on Thursday and Friday, July 14-15, at 1-866-251-4044.
• NO cuts to Social Security!
• NO cuts to Social Security’s COLA!
• NO Social Security payroll tax holiday!