Radio & TV TalkRadio & TV Talk

Access Atlanta > Entertainment > Radio Talk > Archives > 2008 > November > 11 > Entry

11/11: Steve Barnes in David Duchovny, Demi Moore film, more “Real Housewives” stuff

DemiMoore.jpg

Steve Barnes, former 99X morning host, got a speaking role in the current big-budget film shooting in Atlanta, “The Jones.”

On Friday, he had a speaking role with David Duchovny, whose character tries to sell him electronics. Demi Moore and Gary Cole were in the scene as well.

“I spent about eight hours knee to knee with him on the couch, and every woman I know is fighting for details,” Barnes wrote in an e-mail to me. “He was very ‘loose,’ which made it easy to work with him. No attitude and very professional.”

Barnes also hit it off with Moore, who he says looks about 30 although she turns 46 today. “She is the type of ‘A list’ star that you would think would be jaded,” he wrote. “She is NOT.”

The ubiquitous Sheree Whitfield and Kim Zolciak from “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” were also on set that day. Zolciak, in an e-mail, wrote, “I am in 2 parts of the film, Demi was incredible she was so sweet and David was great. Demi and I talked outside for quite sometime she loves the Real Housewives.”

Sheree, in an email, noted, “I was on the set of the movie and did get in a few scenes. It was a lot of fun, met some wonderful contacts and Demi Moore was awesome! She was so down to earth, had a great personality and was very sweet. We even talked about our show and how she has been watching it and likes it. How incredible!”

Barnes noted, “they had a man servant in tow that constantly changed out their shoes [heels to flats] like a NASCAR pit crew tire changer!”

While in town, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher were over scene at the Falcons-Saints game Sunday at the Georgia Dome.

Tonight’s episode will feature Sheree and her clothing line, plus NeNe finds out about who her daddy is.

Essence.com posted part of an interview they did with Lisa Wu-Hartwell. Here are excerpts sent to me by email:

On Co-Star Kim: Let’s just say, Kim [Zolciak] pushed the wrong and the last button, which takes me there. Normally, I conduct myself professionally and I prefer to turn the other cheek, but you can’t allow people to continue to play with you because they’ll think they can do that all day, every day. So I’d say that people will be surprised because I was surprised and somewhat embarrassed myself, but I’m human and you have to let people know that they can’t just say whatever they want to you.

On Relationship with Keith Sweat: I’ll just say it was a very tumultuous relationship. I was very young and impressionable-20-when I married him. So it was a difficult marriage but it made me stronger and wiser. When you’re young and impressionable, you have to know who you are and love yourself, so you don’t accept anything less than love and respect. I don’t believe that I didn’t love myself, but I lacked confidence.

On Losing Custody of her Children: Until this day I still can’t believe I lost custody because they were convinced that because I was an aspiring actress and Keith [Sweat] was more stable and settled in his career than I was. So because I’m a working mother that means I’m a bad parent? I still don’t get it. It was an unfortunate ruling that was handed to me. It was devastating and if it can happen to me it can happen to Mary Poppins, because there was no [behavioral] misconduct on my part. I’ve never done drugs, I don’t party and I helped raise his kids. How do you take my kids when I’m raising yours?

Permalink | Comments (13) | Post your comment |

Comments

By onetime

November 11, 2008 1:04 PM | Link to this

TRASH, thats all I gotta say about these “Real HouseHoe’s of Atlanta” complete TRASH!

By qwerty

November 11, 2008 3:36 PM | Link to this

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher were over scene at the Falcons-Saints game…

“Over scene?” Are you serious?

By Snoops

November 11, 2008 4:17 PM | Link to this

Watch one episode of this train-wreck program and therein lies the demise of our society as we know it today. In response to the two African American housewives professing their negative comments are only because they are African American? Um, ladies (and I use that term loosely), pulling that race card again, huh? The leading train-wreck of this show is the white mess who can’t sing, can’t speak, can’t spell, tries to be a sister, and has a face that looks like plastic. You all are a pack of losers with money to burn and nothing to contribute to this world. The real tragedy to this is that you have children for God’s sake! Can you say “role model”??? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. The word “housewife” shouldn’t even be in the title of the show! When was the last time any of these overfed, overpaid cows did a load of laundry, cooked a meal and actually behaved like a real housewife? These nasty, vindictive, spoiled, talentless idiots have nothing to offer this world except a good, hearty laugh at their expense. Sure, they have money - so what? Their contribution to this world is less than that of a stopped up toilet. Look up the word “stupidity” in the dictionary and you will find all of their pictures front and center. Again, this is another reason why our society is in the toilet. Thanks, ladies, you’ve had your five minutes of fame and it’s not good.

By TruthHurts

November 11, 2008 4:55 PM | Link to this

Proof positive that cash doesnt equal class. These are some low budget, nasty, skankish, tramps. Why was Sherre and her friends taking a poll dancing class? They ought to remember since all of them came from the Pony, Magic City, etc. Nasty, ghetto, coons.

By TruthHurts

November 11, 2008 5:00 PM | Link to this

By charley

November 11, 2008 8:47 PM | Link to this

“over scene”??? Hey AJC, can we get someone with at least a junior high school level skill for writing to blog about things?

Does he submit these written in crayon?

By Lisa-Who

November 11, 2008 9:34 PM | Link to this

Lisa is a gold digger like the rest of them. What kind of mother conducts herself in a way that a court would give custody to the father?

She dated Jermaine Dupri, (and other celebrities), married and divorced Keith Sweat and just happened to land an NFL player who got an 8 million dollar signing bonus, and married him 2 months after they met?!

I watched only the first episode only Rodney keeps me updated on the rest of these sorry souls.

By the gringo

November 11, 2008 11:15 PM | Link to this

These women are frauds. The whole show is a fraud. Nene lived 150 yards from me, on my street, until about six months ago. Her house is worth $500K max, probably less. By the way, she was renting, it wasn’t her house after all. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bravo paid the rent for the length of the filming. Her husband doesn’t make much. They moved nearby into an apartment.

Bottom line is the show had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to fill the slots. No respectful woman would have appeared on this show. I know it’s just entertainment, but REALITY shows are supposed to have some shreds of truth around them. They (mostly) aren’t married, don’t live in Atlanta, don’t own the houses shown on TV, etc.

Complete trash.

By the gringo

November 11, 2008 11:26 PM | Link to this

Correction: She moved six weeks ago, not six months ago.

By Bud

November 13, 2008 2:34 PM | Link to this

With this picture of Steve Barnes and Demi Moore, we’ve got Rodney Ho’s entry for http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com

By JB

November 16, 2008 7:27 AM | Link to this

Seriously - maybe some of David Duchovney’s professional charm and good grace will rub off on Barnes somehow. You know, maybe get Barnes to realize that he doesn’t have to be an arrogant S*head 24/7. I know its too much to ask that some of Duchovney’s acting talent rub off.

By Rusty

November 18, 2008 8:34 AM | Link to this

Hmmmm, let me get this straight now….Steve Barnes, former 99X morning host (AND ALL-AROUND DOUCHEBAG, POMPOUS PAIN IN THE ASS) says David Duchovny was “easy to work with….No attitude and very professional.” If anyone would know about someone WITH AN ATTITUDE and A LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM, it would be walking stiff Barnes. Which leads me to this: Rodney, why do you continue to give this guy ink? His best days were 10 years ago…today he’s a nobody. Stop it already.

By Steve Barnes

November 18, 2008 12:13 PM | Link to this

JB and Rusty: Prepare to be sued.

Barnes out.