Radio & TV TalkRadio & TV Talk

Access Atlanta > Entertainment > Radio Talk > Archives > 2008 > June > 26 > Entry

6/27: Farewell to Kelly & Alpha, Matt Chernoff subs at 680/The Fan

It’s hard not to feel a little bad for Kelly Stevens and Alpha Trevette, two dutiful foot soldiers for B98.5 who left the airwaves Friday morning after nine-plus years at the soft-rock station and 20 years together as a team.

“We had some wonderful life changing experiences,” Alpha said during the final farewell at 8:50 a.m. this morning.

“We’re leaving you in good company. You have a new show coming,” Kelly said. And as he passed the baton to Jordan Graye, the mid-morning host, his voice broke.

It was a touching, low-key farewell for two classy guys who were given a shot to actually say goodbye. [If you want to leave them some kind words, go to their Web site.]

The pair’s mandate from day one was to provide brief, amusing buffer banter between songs. They were seldom given a chance to breathe, to develop a real show a la the Bert Show or Frank & Wanda or the Regular Guys.

For B98.5, it worked. The station brought in a consistent audience of folks who preferred music while going to work or ferrying the kids to school.

But when Steve McCoy & Vikki Locke became available, Cox Radio — owners for B98.5 — had to make a strategic choice. Steve & Vikki’s audience had gotten too old for Star but seems a perfect fit for the B98.5 crowd. If B98.5 chose to do nothing, another radio company might have been tempted to start a second soft-rock station. (Atlanta as a metro area has been with just one soft-rock station since Lite became the country station the Bull in December 2006.)

So Cox hired Steve & Vikki themselves to create a bulwark and disincentive for any rival to take on B98.5 directly.

Kelly & Alpha were simply in the way. They had to go. It’s ironic that B98.5 so assiduously constrained the pair from doing a full-personality show; yet, the station gets rid of them for a personality morning show.

The pair chose to make Friday a “celebration” as opposed to a wake, taking well-wishing calls from their regulars such as Mark from the Yamaha bike factory at 5:10 a.m.. “You giving us a free bike?” joked Kelly, a regular motorycle user. “What?” Mike said. “Suddenly, he’s hard of hearing!” Alpha joked.

Even the gallows humor was relatively lighthearted and things didn’t get histrionic, at least early on. After playing Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’ ,” Kelly at 5:15 a.m. couldn’t help but reference it as the final song on “The Sopranos.”

Kelly at 6 a.m. noted they were being videotaped by a staffer for posterity. “Maybe we can sell it on eBay and get some money that way,” he cracked.

The final daily “impossible” question: five percent of men would rather do this than lose their hair. You can find the answer here.. And yes, the team even did their final endorsement to Purina One at 6:25 a.m. And at 6:58 a.m., they brought back the Friday song one more time after a long absence and sang it together (quite well, in fact).

Interestingly, the “noncompete” clause in the Steve & Vikki contract at Star 94 precludes B98.5 from even mentioning their names on air until July 1, which is probably just as well for Kelly & Alpha. (But the station found a loophole and have been airing Steve & Vikki TV ads for weeks.)

I spoke with both Kelly & Alpha Thursday. Alpha seemed like he was holding a bit back and you can’t blame him since they’re both getting paychecks from the station through the end of the year. He chose not to comment about Steve & Vikki while Kelly said he only wished them the best: “They’re a great team…I have no animosity. I made sure my desk was nice and clean so Steve could set himself up.” (Marjorie Coley won’t be doing the news for B98.5; under Steve & Vikki, it will be Jeff Hullinger, who will continue to anchor news over at WSB-AM in the afternoons.)

Kelly stevens.jpg

Kelly (right), fresh from alcohol rehab at Ridgeview, harbored zero bitterness about his impending departure from B98.5:

“It’s a transition. I wasn’t surprised. I was shocked they were giving us as much notice. Four months! That was a blessing.”

It gave Kelly time to go to rehab and get his life straightened out, he said. “I owe [Ridgeview] my life,” he said. He’d been spiraling down the past two years.

“I wanted to go find the old Kelly and bring him back,” he said. “If this is the last time I’m on the radio, I didn’t want to go out that way. I wanted to end strong.”

He even chose to talk about it on air. “I wanted to be honest,” he said. “I was amazed by the support.” He even kept his drinking problem from Alpha and producer Will Gara, who stays on to work with Steve & Vikki next week. (Ironic song on the final day: “Red Red Wine” by UB40 at 6:08 a.m. “A little euphoric recall,” Kelly joked.)

“He hid things from me and everybody else,” said Alpha. “We didn’t communicate as well as we could.” He said since Kelly came back from rehab earlier this month, they have been doing great shows. “It’s more relaxed and easier to do the show,” he noted, despite the impending end.

alphatrivetteqwlc125.jpg

Alpha (right) said he’s just grateful he got to say goodbye on the air, an opportunity many radio personalities do not get. (See Rhubarb Jones, Leslie Fram and Kristen Gates as recent examples.)

“The focus has been on the music while trying to have fun in what little space given us,” he said. “I think we’ve done a pretty good job. We’ve learned to condense quite a bit. We cut out a lot of fat and needless talk. It would have been nice to flesh some things out but we worked within the framework.”

Kelly said he did what he was told: “You’re talking to someone who spent five years in the service. [The Coast Guard.] I salute smartly and do my job. I’m not the boss!”

He also said Thursday before the farewell show that he just hoped to keep his composure when he hands off the morning to Jordan Graye at around 8:45 a.m. “It’s going to hurt a little bit,” he admitted. “I might cry like a baby!” (From the sounds of it on air, he did.)

The morning team ended its run airing from 5 a.m. to 8:15 a.m., a relatively early finish compared to its competitors, but the radio station wanted to start the workday with lots of music.

Naturally, the pair would like to stay in Atlanta if possible but if a good job comes along in a different market, they’re all ears. But he said the job market is a bit quiet right now. (Their agent is Glenn Goldstein if anybody is interested and their Web site is here if you want to look at their resume and offer them a new job..

This is by far the longest the pair has stayed in the same city (they’ve been in Kansas City, Seattle, Tampa and Denver.) “We fooled these guys longer than anybody else apparently!” Alpha joked.

Next week, neither will be anywhere near Atlanta while Steve & Vikki start on July 1. Kelly, who is single, will be on his Harley going up the coast to Maine, which he has never seen. Alpha plans to visit his son in Denver (a former radio market for the pair) and see some old buds “away from the hype machine,” he said.

—If you’re hearing Matt Chernoff’s voice on 680/The Fan, you aren’t imagining it. The long-time Zone sports talk host until late last year has been working the TV circuit alone the past few months. But when 680/The Fan asked him to sub in for Christopher Rude Thursday and Friday, he said yes.

He said he hasn’t counted out a future radio gig again. “I’m open to anything,” he said. “This was just to sit in and have some fun… I’ve been enjoying TV and having one job like everyone else. But I do miss doing radio.”

Permalink | Comments (170) | Post your comment |

Comments

By Don't talk over Miss Karen's Xmas music

June 27, 2008 6:53 AM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha, It’s been a pleasure to work with you both. I hope the next chapter in your lives is the best one yet.

By justin

June 27, 2008 7:00 AM | Link to this

It is great to hear Chernoff on air again! Hoping to hear him everyday!! He has been GREATLY MISSED!

By TG

June 27, 2008 8:42 AM | Link to this

So long, Kelly & Alpha! I hope someone has the good sense to put you two back on the air as soon as possible.

By Miss them already

June 27, 2008 8:45 AM | Link to this

Found Kelly & Alpha when I tired of Steve & Vikki on Star! Hope the guys find something in Atlanta soon!

By Connie

June 27, 2008 8:49 AM | Link to this

I will miss Kelly and Alpha. I dread hearing the lame Steve and Vickie….I guess I will listen to Imus from now on!!!!

By pete grenz

June 27, 2008 8:50 AM | Link to this

We will miss you guys in the morning. Hopefully you can stay in atlanta. please send your e-mail address so we can keep up with you guys Thanks for everthing

By Pam

June 27, 2008 8:53 AM | Link to this

Kelly and Alpha were great. I actually listened to B98 BECAUSE they played more music instead of talking. They were different and I loved their show. I guess I have to search for another station. I sure don’t want to hear Steve and Vicki on my drive to work.

By rob

June 27, 2008 8:54 AM | Link to this

Sad Day, Please someone hire them………. Im going back to the Bert Show!!! Shame on you B98.5……Shame on you!

By Lisa

June 27, 2008 9:02 AM | Link to this

By Lisa

June 27, 2008 9:04 AM | Link to this

Oh my gosh not Steve and Ikki on the air again- I will never listen to B98.5 again. Vikki Locke is awful!!! GO MORNING MESS!!! Star94 #1

By Maj

June 27, 2008 9:05 AM | Link to this

Good luck guys. Glad they let you say good bye. On to the funnyless Steve and the “retired” Vikki?? So much for her health problems. But, I bet they will still be listened to more than the 3 stooges at Star 94 morning show, they are a joke. I’ll still be switching from The Rude Awakening and The Regular Guys.

By JJ

June 27, 2008 9:06 AM | Link to this

I too will miss Kelly & Alpha in the mornings. I have woken up with them for the last 2 years.

I wish you happiness, and success in your future endeavors.

I don’t care for Steve & Vickie, as I used to listen to them in the mornings on Star 94 while driving my daughter to school (then I would switch it over to B98.5 when she got out of the car). I may have to switch to Imus too. Maybe with an older more mature audience, they can do better. Anything is better than the Morning Mess on Star 94, they are a bunch if immature jerks over there. My radio in the car doesn’t even get a preset for Star 94……

By Lisa

June 27, 2008 9:06 AM | Link to this

I just took B98.5 off of my dial. I will never listen to Steve and “Ikki” Vikki. Stick with the Morning Mess- They are the BEST!! Bad choice B98.5

By Dawn

June 27, 2008 9:11 AM | Link to this

I chose to listen to B98.5 because Kelly and Alpha were entertaining and real! B98.5 lost yet another listener when they decided to replace them with Steve and Vicki. Best of luck and well wishes to Kelly and Alpha. Hopefully you guys will end up in Atlanta. It would be a shame to lose you…

By Roe

June 27, 2008 9:12 AM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha, Only the best for the both of you! and I believe you will find it! As for B98.5 they must have a death wish!..everything was fine..the best station Atlanta had & that’s saying alot for Atlanta radio! Steve & Vicki..oh please! two non-stop Talking buffons who we celebrated for when they left..Oh well B98.5 you have signed your own death certificate!

By Gail Turner

June 27, 2008 9:14 AM | Link to this

I have listened to you guys every morning on the way to work since you started with B98.5. I think that you are terrific. I rarely, rarely, rarely listen to B98.5 at any other time, I just don’t enjoy it. As far as the team replacing you, I am sure that they are nice people, but they have never been my “cup of tea.” I will miss you Friday song very much, you even hit my grandson’s school once. I hope and pray that you will find another station in Atlanta that can appreciate your humor and that we will hear from you soon. Kelly I am so proud of you. Don’t hid things from Alpha, friends can be your best lifeline. God bless, Gail

By Roe

June 27, 2008 9:15 AM | Link to this

By Sheri

June 27, 2008 9:15 AM | Link to this

What were they thinking?! Mornings will not be the same without Kelly & Alpha. Not all radio listeners are under age 35….and those of us who aren’t tend to be a loyal bunch. I’m hoping they end up in Atlanta so we can follow them!

By jonotchabelter

June 27, 2008 9:23 AM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha are a class act - as they leave B98.5 so will the MAJORITY of listeners - This is a huge mistake - I hope station management keeps their numbers handy - you will need them in 6 months when “Dorko & the large one” fail.

By lisa

June 27, 2008 9:23 AM | Link to this

Why does everyone post negative things!! Steve and Vikki were on so long for a reason and they still have an audience in my house. Give them a chance and perhaps they will mix the best of both worlds! Welcome back Steve and Vikki!

By Robin Capps

June 27, 2008 9:28 AM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha, I have truly appreciated you both, you were just always refreshing and decent. And that is what we all still need sometimes. I never understood why people want to hear crazy loud stuff in the mornings like some of the morning shows. I am so happy for Kelly, great job in getting things straightened out. You like me, learning once we share some of our “secrets” with people, it really is okay.
I wish you both the very best! Please know people really care! Take care.

By Tami

June 27, 2008 9:30 AM | Link to this

It’s so sad to regain Steve & Vikki in this market at the expense of Kelly & Alpha. I remember listening to their very first show on B 98.5 in January 1999. I wish them the best. I too hope they remain in the ATL market.

By ss

June 27, 2008 9:33 AM | Link to this

I liked Kelly and Alpha. Steve and Vicki are terrible!!!! Hated them on Star 94 and will not be listening to them on B98.5 either! She’s a whiner, and he’s a total goon. Why do the radio stations here in the ATL continuously screw things up? Hopefully Kelly and Alpha will be back soon. Their pleasant banter and nice radio voices will be missed.

By Angela

June 27, 2008 9:36 AM | Link to this

Kelly and Alpha will be sorely missed and to think that Steve and Vikki are taking their slot. It’s a horrible decision by management. There was a reason that I did not listen to Star 94 and now, I’ll switch to satellite radio for good.

By Angela

June 27, 2008 9:37 AM | Link to this

By Angela

June 27, 2008 9:38 AM | Link to this

By Angela

June 27, 2008 9:39 AM | Link to this

By Craig

June 27, 2008 9:40 AM | Link to this

Good luck to Kelly and Alpha. I have enjoyed listening to you guys over the past 3 years since I moved to Atlanta. I enjoyed your format and the music. I am a 32 year old listener of your show. My wife is 28 and also enjoyed your show.

It’s a shame that B98.5 did this to you guys. They most likely lost 2 additional listeners because of their decision.

Best wishes to your both and I am sure you will find another market to produce your show (radio is an ever changing beast)

By ADL

June 27, 2008 9:41 AM | Link to this

Connie @ 8:49am, In the 50 unfunny years that they have been on the radio, I’ve never been a fan of Steve and Vikki. However, to place them behind Imus is really hitting below the belt.

By linny ,,,=^..^=,,,

June 27, 2008 9:45 AM | Link to this

Nice right-up, Rodney — I quit listening to morning FM a long time ago when they went talk-talk-talk … i figured if i wanted talk radio, i could just go on over to Scott Slade and Neal Boortz on AM … but for music, 98.5 was the ONLY place i could feel comfortable in the mornings. No offense to S&V, they’re just… not my cuppa tea!

good luck to K&A, I hope you find a gig somewhere that will appreciate what you have to offer! and Kudos to Kelly for staying strong!

By Alicia

June 27, 2008 9:48 AM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha Thanks so much for all the great years of entertainment. You guys came to my office in March 2005 when I won a lunch for everyone at work. It was such a pleasure to meet you in person and you were so nice to me and all my co-workers. Best wishes to you both in future.

By Delighted

June 27, 2008 9:49 AM | Link to this

I actually happen to enjoy listening to Steve and Vicki. I have listened to B98.5 for the last 20 years and I didn’t really care for K&A when they started. They never really had anything interesting to say between all the music. I kept listening because that station has the best mix of soft rock. For all of you who will be switching your dials, hooray! Steven and Vicki are going to bring back a whole new crowd and not you whiners!

By Jackman

June 27, 2008 9:52 AM | Link to this

More reason to listen to my Sirius radio. I hate listening to radio “personalities” squeezed in between endless commercials. So, what’s wrong with playing music?

Anyone seen the movie FM lately?

By Lynn

June 27, 2008 9:53 AM | Link to this

I will also be changing my dial away from B98.5… I cannot listen to Steve and Vikki, who just act so silly.

By Bob Beavers

June 27, 2008 9:54 AM | Link to this

Atlanta FM morning radio is NOT good. There’s too much talk for the sake of talk. I’d like to see the oldies station do more local and state news traffic, weather, and get rid of Imus.

By D

June 27, 2008 9:56 AM | Link to this

I’m sorry that Kelly & Alpha had to say goodbye. I’m one of the many listeners who does NOT like “morning shows”. I like music, not discussion.

By linny ,,,=^..^=,,,

June 27, 2008 9:56 AM | Link to this

Delighted, you just whined that K&A didn’t talk ENOUGH for your tastes, so why does that make the others whiners for NOT liking S&V’s talkative format??? sheesh.

just had to ask — to each his own, support S&V or K&A … I’m just glad i no longer have to spend 2.5 hours every morning in the car captive to the radio, LOL!

By ADL

June 27, 2008 9:59 AM | Link to this

Yes Bob,

I can’t understand why a local station puts a talk show on FM in the morning. I personally would rather hear something local instead of what’s going on in New York City.

By Cheryl

June 27, 2008 10:00 AM | Link to this

I thought Vicki was sick and had to leave radio? I was glad they left 94 but now they are coming back…and now I won’t listen to 98.5 in the mornings. They are so annoying I just can’t do it for my 1hr+ commute! The Morning Mess it is for many of us! You secrewed up 98.5…if something isn’t broken, don’t try to fix it. Steve & Vicki…ugh..

By Lt. Skun

June 27, 2008 10:01 AM | Link to this

I have already re-programmed to listen to another station in my home & vehicles.

B98.5 I will never listen to your station again. You pick the 2 saddest people in radio history steve and vickie.

Hope they both crash and burn…

By jmc

June 27, 2008 10:12 AM | Link to this

Oh well I guess I have to change stations again. I can not stand Heave and sticky. all they do is talk and stupid things. I guess its back to listening to cds on the way to work again.

By jmc

June 27, 2008 10:12 AM | Link to this

By Christy

June 27, 2008 10:15 AM | Link to this

I too left Star 94 because of S&V. I would love to know that K&A have a chance at coming back if the new team fails, but with our luck Cox Radio put them in an unbreakable contract by either party for 10 years. Big mistake 98.5! You’ve lost a lot of loyal listeners, too bad you chose the losing team!! Good luck Kelly & Alpha, we’ll miss you…come back on the air somewhere in Atlanta so there will be something worthwhile in the mornings to listen to.

By erica

June 27, 2008 10:18 AM | Link to this

I wish you the best in all of your endeavors. You guys did a great job getting people to work and school every morning.

You will definitely be missed!

Enjoy your LONG vacation….with pay!

By phyllis

June 27, 2008 10:25 AM | Link to this

While I enjoyed Kelly and Alpha and really enjoyed all the music they played without all the talk, I am REALLY glad Marjorie Coley Davis won’t be on the air (at least I hope she won’t). She is the worst news reader I have ever heard. K &A should hve gotten rid of her long ago. Anyway, hope they find a new gig around here soon, WITHOUT marjorie coley davis!

By Greg

June 27, 2008 10:25 AM | Link to this

I use to listen to the Bert Show but I get tired of all the drama they have. I have listened to B98.5 almost every morning now for the music and brief lines by K&A. I love that station. I will miss them as well. ATL does not need another boring, drama filled talk show in the morning. I want to sign to 80’s music in the morning LOL. It perks me up. lol.

By TPM

June 27, 2008 10:25 AM | Link to this

I will miss Kelly and Alpha. They were a pleasure to listen to. Vikki Locke has the perfect face for radio.

By Sad Listener

June 27, 2008 10:28 AM | Link to this

Thanks for many wonderful years of great mornings, guys. You will be missed, hopefully a station here in town will pick you up pronto!!

All the best!!!

By Sad Listener

June 27, 2008 10:28 AM | Link to this

All the best!!!

Oh, the link in the article does not work!!

By Sad Listener

June 27, 2008 10:29 AM | Link to this

All the best!!!

Oh, the link in the article does not work!!

By Sad Listener

June 27, 2008 10:30 AM | Link to this

All the best!!!

Oh, the link in the article does not work!!

By Greg

June 27, 2008 10:31 AM | Link to this

I use to listen to the Bert Show but I got tired of all the drama they have. I have listened to B98.5 almost every morning now for the music and brief lines by K&A. I love that station. I will miss them as well. ATL does not need another boring, drama filled talk show in the morning. I want to sing to 80’s music in the morning when I drive. It perks me up. lol.

By Stacey

June 27, 2008 10:32 AM | Link to this

I really liked Kelly and Alpha and the B98.5 format —“Less talk! More music!”

I will NEVER listen to Steve and Vickie — they make me quite sicky. It is sad day for ATL radio.

Best of luck and Kelly and Alpha!!!

By Greg

June 27, 2008 10:33 AM | Link to this

By Sandy

June 27, 2008 10:34 AM | Link to this

I stopped listening to Star 94 years ago because Steve and Vikki were so annoying. The Morning Mess is worse than they are. I listened to a combination of Kelly and Alpha on 98.5 and 97.1 The River for the last couple of years. Looks like I’m now down to listening to only 97.1 The River. I’ve taken 98.5 off my preset as of this morning. Good Luck Kelly and Alpha!

By Road Runner

June 27, 2008 10:36 AM | Link to this

I am thankful for the Bert Show on 99.7.

By Barbara

June 27, 2008 10:46 AM | Link to this

Kelly and Alpha!!! I will miss you so much and wish you both the best of luck! (Luck isn’t what you need, because your great!) I will NOT be listening to that station any longer! I will watch your website and hope you remain within listening range! Barbara from Alpharetta

By Nancy

June 27, 2008 10:47 AM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha, I have listened to you ever since you came to Atlanta. I have loved every minute of it. I will miss hearing your wonderful voices in the morning and hearing the Nearly Impossible Question. What am I going to do now???? God Bless both of you in whatever you do now.

Thanks for the memories.

Nancy

By Susan

June 27, 2008 10:48 AM | Link to this

First Peach dumps their soft rock for that nasty The Bull and now this! I too am no fan of Steve and Vicki (and I thought she had left Star because of health reasons???) I guess money talks. I guess I will be tuning into my sattelite radio stations in the morning. Kelly & Alpha - good luck, you were great! And B98.5 - you have lost another listener.

By Truth Filter

June 27, 2008 10:48 AM | Link to this

Rodney,

Nice article, especially the explaination of WHY B98 had to hire Steve and Vicki. It’s a tough business.

Sounds like Kelly and Alpha are pretty classy. Probably means they won’t be able to get a job anywhere while unfunny pubescents like the Regular Guys keep coming back.

Good luck Kelly and Alpha

By joe

June 27, 2008 11:08 AM | Link to this

I grew to like Kelly and Alpha after Randy and Siff were let go. The one thing I dislike about b98.5 is the lack of real variety of the music they play. Its like they have the same tape on dfay after day after day after day. It was Kelly and Alpha I liked. Sorry about the “let go”.

By Peggy S Ethridge

June 27, 2008 11:11 AM | Link to this

I found you two when I lost Randy and Spiff. Never cared for S&V, Guess I’ll start waking up with a buzzer and pop in a CD. I assume if you are not under 25 the radio industry does not think you spend money, or listen to the advertising. I will miss all the positive things Kelly and Alpha have done for the community. Good Luck to the both of you!

By Sad day in atlanta radioland

June 27, 2008 11:11 AM | Link to this

I am soooo sorry to see you guys go. As much as I love you I had a hard time listening this morning … hearing your voices this last time was not easy! My car and I are going to miss you. You guys made the drive to work everyday on 400 a breeze! Kelly, you are dynamite and brave and while I’ve never met you I feel like I know you. Stay strong!!! Alpha, you did fabulous solo and remain part of two of the best personalities on the radio.
Wouldn’t it be nice to take the morning mess off of Star 94 and replace them with you? We all know they’re Bert show wannabees! God Bless you both! Big hugs!

By G.

June 27, 2008 11:11 AM | Link to this

Welcome back Steve & Vikki I can only say B98.5 you have gained a loyal new listner!!!

By Charlie

June 27, 2008 11:13 AM | Link to this

Who are these people and why do we care? ALL Atlanta radio is HORRIBLE. AM or FM it doesn’t matter…just awful! Get sattelite radio and you will never have to deal with any of these Bozos again.

By G.

June 27, 2008 11:13 AM | Link to this

By Sad day in atlanta radioland

June 27, 2008 11:14 AM | Link to this

By joe

June 27, 2008 11:21 AM | Link to this

A fond fairwell to Kelly and Alpha. Guess I’ll listen to NPR for now on.

By Susan

June 27, 2008 11:24 AM | Link to this

I, like it most of the people today that were faithful listeners know what kind of huge mistake B98.5 made in replacing Kelly and Alpha with the infantile duo of Steve and Vicki. The listeners of B98.5 were not children, but adults with better taste in entertainment. I guess the 13-25 male crowd with no real sense of humor now has another station to listen to because that is the target audience of Steve and Vicki. God knows I could not stand them on STAR94 and have not doubt they will be just as irritating now. Stupid, juvenile humor that makes no sense to adults is what they specialized in and I am sure it will continue now. Mistake B98.5, really huge mistake. You have lost another listener in the mornings. I may still listen in the car on the way home from work but in the mornings I am now on the lookout for something to replace my all time favorite guys. May Kelly and Alpha continue to have success in what ever they may do and I hope they know just how much they are loved, and were admired for being the best on the air in Atlanta.

Good luck guys, I love you both,

Susan

By birdy bird

June 27, 2008 11:25 AM | Link to this

I was just wondering how many more people from star94 and the Morning Mess ( pure trash) could log in and act like they actually used to listen to B98.5 while at the same time shamelessley plugging their own show. Give us a break…any idiot could have figured that one out.

By mark

June 27, 2008 11:43 AM | Link to this

Matt has a face for radio

By Karen L

June 27, 2008 11:45 AM | Link to this

I listened to Star 94.1, in the morning, and then they changed their format about 9 years ago. I was upset but now I am glad they did changed because I found Kelly and Alpha. You guys are great and will exceed in whatever you do in life. I am not to thrill about Steve and Vicky. I am scared that the format will change to accomdate them instead of the listeners. Oh well, I guess I might need to start looking for a new radio station. It is a shame because I really love B98.5.

By Chip

June 27, 2008 11:48 AM | Link to this

I liked Kelly and Alpha. The were pleasant, light hearted without being too silly. Thanks guys for the past few years. You will be missed. Steve and Vikki will do well but it’s more slapstick humor. It will more than likely drive me to another channel. Maybe they will peddle a softer approach this time around. We shall see.

By Mike

June 27, 2008 11:50 AM | Link to this

I have listened to Kelly and Alpha from day one, you will be missed so much in the mornings. I always loved Alpha insight and Kelly providing so much fun by letting us listeners poke fun or joke at his expense, and he loved it, it made our morning ride fun to hear. And the music was great and plentiful, but now B98.5 chooses to go with more talk I guess and less music. I have never listened to S&V so I can;t say anything about them, but please dont take the music away. K&A I hope you know you have become family here in Atlanta and I hope you are back on ATL radio soon. TAKE CARE!

By Former listener

June 27, 2008 12:12 PM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha were a class act. I’ll be looking for a new home as well.

I’m with you phyllis on Marjorie Coley Davis. Her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard. I hate to burst your bubble but it will be Steve, Vicki AND Marjorie.

God help us all…

By JC

June 27, 2008 12:19 PM | Link to this

I am bummed to hear about this! I definitely wish you both the best and I hope you will stay in Atlanta!

Alpha, stay strong…the Atlanta HOKIES love ya and will do anything and everything for you!!!

By JC

June 27, 2008 12:23 PM | Link to this

By JC

June 27, 2008 12:23 PM | Link to this

By JC

June 27, 2008 12:23 PM | Link to this

By Pat K

June 27, 2008 12:24 PM | Link to this

B98.5FM is losing another listener. I moved here from San Diego in 2000, and became hooked on Kelly and Alpha. Good things happen to good people, so I can’t wait to see what your future holds for both of you.

Kelly…just got back from my first trip to Maine (Portland, and Bath). Beautiful state (take some mosquito repellant!). I know Fall is gorgeous up there, but I enjoyed my short visit (four days). They have so much water! Just remember, you have a huge family of supporters here in ATL!

Alpha….now you can enjoy time with your family, and sleep in late!

All the best guys….

By Filster

June 27, 2008 12:28 PM | Link to this

My kids listened to Star 94 when Steve and Vicky were on, and I found them perhaps the most banal, boring, said in their attempts to be cool, deejays I’ve ever had the misfortunate to be confronted with. With them taking over 98.5 in the a.m. drive, looks like it’s finally time for that Serius subscrition.

By KJ

June 27, 2008 12:32 PM | Link to this

I love the music that 98.5 plays. Kelly and Alpha were o.k. At times, they talked about really stupid stuff. Glad they played more music then talking.

As for Steve and Vikki, Vikki is so stuck on herself. If I have to hear one more time about her jumping out of a plane, or she did this or she did that, enough! Steve is just as bad. Oh wait, I don’t have to hear it…I will go to 97.1 the River. No drama, good music!

By Perkle

June 27, 2008 12:33 PM | Link to this

Why didn’t they put Kelly & Alpha as an afternoon team like Star94 does with Cindy & Ray? I like Steve & Vikki and glad they’re back!

By OUT OF THE RADIO BIZ

June 27, 2008 12:33 PM | Link to this

See why it’s so tough to be in radio these days - NASTY people name-calling the talent and slamming them personally just for trying to make a living.

These radio comments are SOOOO predictable … I could have wirtten the Top 50 comments in advance - nasty name-calling and all!

Anybody’s who’s so ticked off that they’re switching to Imus are in for a rude awakening, since he can’t be understood for the mumbling and extreme over-talking on the show.

Four of the classiest people in the Atlanta radio market are Alpha, Kelly, Steve & Vikki, and they don’t deserve the vicious slams … IT’S JUST BUSINESS!

Kelly and Alpha will find new gigs soon - probably in the Cox Radio family, and Steve & Vikki will be excellent on B98.5!

Don’t listen to Steve & Vikki if you hate them, but they don’t deserve your hate, and the haters are just showing their pathetic ignorance!

The HATERS should just go back to the sports talk stations and leave the Top 40 FM radio market to the affluent, upscale females - the audience that controls the industry!

By Angela

June 27, 2008 12:35 PM | Link to this

I WILL MISS KELLY & ALPHA SO MUCH!!! I WILL NOT LISTEN TO STEVE AND VICKIE. I WILL FIND ANOTHER RADIO STATION. BAD CHOICE. I WISH YOU BOTH MUCH LUCK.

ANGELA

By KJ

June 27, 2008 12:35 PM | Link to this

By KJ

June 27, 2008 12:36 PM | Link to this

By John

June 27, 2008 12:38 PM | Link to this

I stopped listening to B98.5 in the evenings when Delilah came in and now leaving the station for good. Best of luck K&A.

By PS

June 27, 2008 1:02 PM | Link to this

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU! Kelly and Alpha have been the best over these past years. I have B98.5 tuned in at the office and in my car. Unfortunately, I as so many of the other listeners will now be listening to another station. I think the management made a grave mistake in taking the two of you off the readio waves. I do not and have never liked listening to Steve and Vikki and surely won’t be starting now. I am turning the radio dial to another station. Sorry for your loss B98.5, maybe the marketing figures will make you rethink your decision.

LOVE TO KELLY AND ALPHA!!!!!

By cdb

June 27, 2008 1:05 PM | Link to this

I too remember Kelly and Alpha’s first show, and I have been a loyal listener since. They were also the best MC’s of the yearly “Have a Heart” luncheon. I guess I will listen to The River in the mornings. B98.5 will be nothing without them.

By Rudy Ray Moore

June 27, 2008 1:08 PM | Link to this

Atlanta has always been a dead-market for radio. Only major market to never have Howard Stern (lame Z93 gave us the Greaseman instead!?!) Remember—up until the mid-90’s with exception to country music in Atlanta there was only one FM station for each format …Never fear Kelly and Alpha fans. They will resurface in 6 months or so somewhere else on the dial—can you say 97 The River (oh, yeah—-“the new” 97.1 the river—-after 4yrs I forget that this is a new station)….Remember the Regulars Guys? They have had more comebacks than Cher. Steve and Ikki are back now too (I guess a new contract cured her “health problems”)….Randy and Spiff bounced back as did Chris Rude, Steve “Barnes”, and now Matt Chernoff. Alpha and Kelly will return. Do yourself a favor and switch to Satellite. Atlanta terrestrial radio stations suck anyway.

By Doneycat

June 27, 2008 1:10 PM | Link to this

I heard Chernoff this morning. If it ever became a permanent thing, he might be a little too quick for Laurentino. As a third man in the studio, he would be worlds better than Finneran (just as I’m sure Finn would run a better out pattern than Chernoff).

By Pen

June 27, 2008 1:17 PM | Link to this

Kelly and Alpha, you are a class act. I feel like a new door will open for you soon. Hang in there.

By Rik Ludel

June 27, 2008 1:24 PM | Link to this

Hey guys, best of luck! It was great getting to meet you at Wildo’s party so many years ago and also doing some races as the warm-up! All the best, Rik (of Rik & Rick!)

By New Radio Station

June 27, 2008 1:25 PM | Link to this

I am sad that Kelly and Alpha are leaving. I will tune into another morning show because I refuse to listen to Steve and Vikki! I am 48 and was tired of hearing them in my early 30’s. What does that tell you? Gas prices high, groceries are high and now this? GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!

By linda@athens

June 27, 2008 1:31 PM | Link to this

Radio will NEVER be in atlanta what it was in the 70s and early 80s — the old 96 Rock days with Mark McCain, Kaedy, and Willard, among others, was the best — good music, intelligent DJ’s (about music at least, which is WHY i listen(ed) to FM radio and fun folks. Once 96 let them go, things started on a downhill slide — then along came DAVE (barf) and then the River (which is at least tolerable) … no, Atlanta doesn’t have much to offer anymore, indeed…

NONE of the morning shows where the DJs NEVER played music (meaning they were NOT “Disc Jockeys” at all) but got louder, sillier, stupider, and more obnoxious over the years, turned me totally off of morning radio. I finally just gave up and went to AM talk radio, because at least there was no pretense of being a MUSIC station there. In fact, even on 750 with Boortz, i occasionally actually heard part of a good song, which was MORE than i was getting on FM stations!

K&A were decent, but the lite music wasn’t so much my thing, not for 2+ hours while driving to Atlanta to work, so … sorry to seem them go, wish them luck, and one of these days i’ll be able to afford a car with a CD changer and can just program my OWN “radio” experience, LOL

By PEGGY

June 27, 2008 1:43 PM | Link to this

WELL, YOU HAVE NOW LOST ANOTHER LISTENER. I HAVE BEEN WITH K&A THE ENTIRE TIME THEY HAVE BEEN ON IN ATLANTA. THEY HAD BECOME “LIKE FAMILY”. NO STEVE & VICKI IN MY HOUSE OR CAR. BACK TO 107.5, SOFT JAZZ. LIKE THE MUSIC BETTER BUT WILL MISS THE NEWS AND ALL THE BITS OF CONVERSATION. I ALSO, FEEL YOU AT 98.5 MAKE A BIG MISTAKE. FROM A 70 YEAR OLD

By PEGGY

June 27, 2008 1:43 PM | Link to this

By Michelle

June 27, 2008 1:49 PM | Link to this

Did anyone hear Kristen Gates on the bull today? It was so awesome to hear her. I sure do miss her in the mornings. I would love it if the bull would move her to the morning show. It would be a great to have Slam, Cletus and KRISTEN!!!!! I sure hope the bull takes notes here! Kristen you have been missed…….

By chris

June 27, 2008 1:57 PM | Link to this

Steve and Ikki coming back isn’t so bad,it just gives The Regular Guys someone new to beat up and rag on which means more laughs for me.

By Randall Bloomquist

June 27, 2008 2:08 PM | Link to this

Will anyone shed a tear when Deskins finally tosses be out of The Building of Death?

By Karen

June 27, 2008 2:11 PM | Link to this

I too will miss Kelly and Alpha and do NOT want Steve and Vikki on in my car as well. They are too “80”s and are not entertaining at all. Kelly and Alpha you will be missed and you were such a part of my morning commute. You guys are the best! Someone made a HUGE mistake.

By Randall Bloomquist

June 27, 2008 2:15 PM | Link to this

By Randall Bloomquist

June 27, 2008 2:15 PM | Link to this

By Leigh

June 27, 2008 2:16 PM | Link to this

What a shame that Kelly and Alpha-two great guys whose show is a class act-are being thrown over for Vikki Locke, the most obnoxious, rude, inconsiderate, thoughtless, and self-centered radio personality I’ve ever heard!

By ToddS

June 27, 2008 2:24 PM | Link to this

Kelly/Alpha…nice guys, but what a boring show! Glad to have Steve and Vicki back. At least they are funny and maybe 98.5 can update the music a few years!

By Tracy

June 27, 2008 2:29 PM | Link to this

This was the last of the decent morning radio shows in Atlanta. I’ll be listening to Sirius solely now. Couldn’t stand Steve and Vicki on Star 94 and won’t be listening to them on B98.5. You guys just lost a loyal listener.

By J.D.

June 27, 2008 2:32 PM | Link to this

Jeez folks… lighten up. It’s just a radio program. They always change formats and announcers too. Get used to it. Move on. Quit whining.

By henry rider

June 27, 2008 3:10 PM | Link to this

Best of luck to Kelly and Alpha. I will miss your voices in the morning. You always brought a smile to my face along with the music on my way to work. Take care of yourself Kelly. I hope you two guys can remain in Atlanta. It would be a shame for the city to lose you.

By former listener

June 27, 2008 3:13 PM | Link to this

Hello Kelly & Alpha, I, like many others, have listened to your show in the mornings since the former Peach radio brought in a horrible pair of announcers in the morning. You guys were just the right combination for me. I don’t want all of the jabber in the morning, I want music and weather, traffic, etc. The little tidbits that Kelly & Alpha threw in were always fun because they didn’t go on and on. I’ll have to find another station to wake up to, I can’t stand Steve & Vickie and their constant chatter. You’ll be missed! Wishing you all the best!

By Shirley

June 27, 2008 3:20 PM | Link to this

I found Kelly & Alpha after Steve and Vicki left. (I tried to listen to the Morning Mess but they are nauseating. Atlanta deserves more then childish stupid profanity in the morning. I can’t believe that Star 94 keeps them on. I haven’t talked to one person who likes to listen to them.) Why doesn’t B98.5 get smart and put Kelly & Alpha on at a different time of day? How about during the drive home? Sounds good to me! Welcome back Steve & Vicki! We has missed both of you!!

By Bex

June 27, 2008 3:22 PM | Link to this

Oh, crap. This is really bad news. Steve and Vicki, back again. (::shudder::)

By forrealdo

June 27, 2008 4:02 PM | Link to this

Last time I checked, B98.5 already has an afternoon drive guy—Kelly McCoy and he does a great job. Alpha is great—he’s honest and true— and I wish him the best but Kelly Stevens is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Keep your daughters away from him. No one is safe!!

By GirlyGirl

June 27, 2008 4:03 PM | Link to this

Like most folks, I am saddened to learn that Kelly and Alpha are leaving B98.5. I truly hope there will be bigger and better things for them in the future. There are no other radio morning shows in Atlanta that wake me up or make me laugh like B98.5 with Kelly and Alpha. I will miss their genuine laughter, inspirational commentary, and entertaining intellect every morning. I pray for their continued success and hope they find joy and happiness in the next exciting chapter of their lives! Guess I’ll have to get out my “books on tape” now to inform, inspire, and encourage me as I drive into work in the mornings. TAKE CARE and good luck to both of you!

By JSMutiga

June 27, 2008 4:28 PM | Link to this

I will miss you guys. You made my mornings and i really, really hope somebody will give you airwaves right away. Thanks for being my favourite team.

By JSMutiga

June 27, 2008 4:32 PM | Link to this

By JSMutiga

June 27, 2008 4:32 PM | Link to this

By sportsfan

June 27, 2008 4:45 PM | Link to this

It was great hearing Chernoff on the radio again. Wouldn’t it be great if 680 would replace the horrible, unlistenable (I know that’s not a word) Kincade with Chernoff?

By john

June 27, 2008 5:20 PM | Link to this

Geez, those two bozos Steve and Vicky are back??? Damn, don’t these people ever go away, after the tearful goodbyes that nobody cares about? I guess Kelly and Alpha will be back too. Radio is such a silly business full of silly people.

By Tom

June 27, 2008 5:38 PM | Link to this

Class act. No sophomoric cackling like other shows so I will miss this team for sure.

By donald

June 27, 2008 6:17 PM | Link to this

YAWN, this is suppose to be news? I stopped listening to radio long ago and I’m surprised that there are people still listening to that stale, worn out format called “soft rock”. The songs are played over and over for the zombie masses. Now Steve amd Vickie will be on the air. Who cares!? I sure as heck didn’t listen to the last two bozos on the air. Atlanta radio needs a serious enema to clean itself of all the sludge in radio wasteland.

By RadioDawg

June 27, 2008 7:20 PM | Link to this

Good Luck to Kelly & Alpha! Sounds like they went out like they always performed during these last several months - in a classy manner! It would’ve been easy for personalities in their shoes (being booted for another team) to get bitter & angry on air. But these guys never did. All the best to both of you, and hopefully we’ll hear you on the air here in the ATL again some time.

While I do praise the way these guys went out, I’m not going to join the parade of Steve & Vikki bashers. The time my son was interviewed live in the studio, they were nothing but nice to us, just like Steve was the other time I encountered him. And I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of them being rude or obnoxious with anyone else either.

So if some of you don’t like them, then fine - don’t listen to them. But don’t just trash them because they’re not your cup of tea. Personally, I doubt they’ll rekindle the same kind of success they had at Star, but I wish them the best. And while I feel bad for Kelly & Alpha (although I’m sure they’re getting well compensated for their trouble), I do understand B98.5’s strategy, although I’m not betting it will be the ratings boom they’re hoping for.

By Kim

June 27, 2008 7:43 PM | Link to this

Steve & Vicky are not funny, or interesting. I will miss Kelly & Alpha - today was my last day listening to B98.5

By martha

June 27, 2008 8:01 PM | Link to this

STAR 94 should pick them up and get rid of who they booted steve and vickie for

By Annalou

June 27, 2008 9:38 PM | Link to this

I will miss Kelly and Alpha but am looking forward to getting Steve and Vikki back! I lived my teenage years listening to Steve and Vikki and even remember when Steve was on previous channels. If you are not in your mid 30’s or older, you may not like the music and talking on B98.5, so don’t listen. Don’t slam people just because you can. Well done Kelly and Alpha! I have also listened to you on my way to work switching back and forth between 94.1 and 98.5 daily. I will miss you both and hope to be able to listen to you again soon. As someone who has lost their job three time this year due to the mortgage market, I understand how you must be feeling and the feeling of loss you are experiencing. I wish the best for all of you and know you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

By Radiohead

June 27, 2008 9:54 PM | Link to this

Kelly and Alpha were a good fit for B98.5 and deserved a better fate, however, the music on the station is much the same as Star 94. So, putting Steve and Yucki there is a natural replacement for K & A. I don’t care for the music on B98.5 so I won’t listen but maybe another station can pick the duo up and give them a chance to stay here. Everyone else seems to get second chances(i.e. Randy & Spiff,Regular Guys, Rude, tc.)so why shouldn’t Kelly and Alpha?

By Beth

June 27, 2008 10:03 PM | Link to this

You will be missed Kelly & Alpha!!! You two are a class act through and through!!! Good luck in all you do!!!

I won’t be listening to Steve & Vikki…I guess it will be the Bert Show for me!

By Beth

June 27, 2008 10:05 PM | Link to this

I won’t be listening to Steve & Vikki…I guess it will be the Bert Show for me!

By The O.R.

June 27, 2008 10:44 PM | Link to this

I work in the operating room. Kelly and Alpha was the only thimg we all agreed to listen to. We liked not to much Jib Jab. Very Bad Move 98.5

By Sal

June 27, 2008 10:53 PM | Link to this

I liked Kelly & Alpha very much and wish them much success in their next venture. I also like Steve & Vickie and look forward to listening to them again. I hate to admit this, but I have had withdrawls since their departure from Star 94. I tried to listen to the Morning Mess and switched to Kelly & Alpha after one month of listening to that dreadful morning show. I can’t wait until July 1st…

By Sal

June 27, 2008 10:56 PM | Link to this

By Sal

June 27, 2008 10:56 PM | Link to this

By Sal

June 27, 2008 10:56 PM | Link to this

By Michael

June 27, 2008 11:22 PM | Link to this

Like Steve & Vicki, but LOVE Kelly & Alpha. Cannot believe Atlanta radio stations think we like all talk and no music in the AM! I guess I should get XM radio.

By MIKE P

June 28, 2008 1:35 AM | Link to this

Bring Back Gary McKee and Willis the Guard!!!!!Now that was entertainment!!

By Peter

June 28, 2008 7:08 AM | Link to this

What’s a B98.5? An airplane? No! Just a Cox owned station …..

I-Man!

By Larry

June 28, 2008 8:30 AM | Link to this

Sure was surprised to return home and find you leaving! I always turned off the XM to listen to you. Haven’t heard your replacements, but can’t imagine them being better. Thanks for the years!

By Randall Bloomquist

June 28, 2008 10:58 AM | Link to this

So much HATING on Steve & Vikki … I wish Marco, SuperFat Mikey, Mark Kanov & Dan Bowen would get back to their plummeting radio station and leave the posting to us REAL managers!

I thought I was the only one allowed to slam my former employees in the blog!

All of these people not listening to B98.5 anymore??? HA!! Their ratings will skyrocket on July 1!!!

Don’t like Steve & Vikki??? … come listen to MY ClearChannel stations. Wish I could remember their exact names and call letters right now!

By MarkATL

June 28, 2008 8:09 PM | Link to this

I wish Kelly & Alpha all the best. I’m sure they will find another station to join. I hope Steve & Vikki will do an ok job for B98.5. I don’t know about you guys, but the best radio station we had here in Atlanta was the Peach 94.9 station. Absolutely the best music ever. Since Peach changed it’s format to “Lite” I switched to B98.5 and was pleasantly surprised by Kelly&Alpha. They will surely be missed. The music didn’t have enough variety for me, but it was ok. It really doesn’t matter to me what these radio managers do. If they can’t play a good mix of music like Peach did a while back, it will be a waste of my time.

By Jordan/Kate/Sybil

June 29, 2008 12:25 PM | Link to this

“Be Good and Kind to One Another”

I love you both.

MPD in ATL

By Bill Mee

June 30, 2008 5:02 PM | Link to this

The only reason I listened to B98.5 was Kelly & Alpha’s morning show and an occasional 70’s weekend. I have found myself listening to 106.7 lately (BUT NOT DURING Don the Duffuss, Imus). I think 106.7 will succeed if they get a good morning show that doesn’t offend everyone and fail if they don’t dump Imus quickly. Hey…..there’s a good morning team available!

By steve

July 1, 2008 9:06 AM | Link to this

The best thing Star94 could do now,is pick up Kelly&Alpha.Those 2 would be much better for that station than the “mess”they have now.And they wonder over at Star why there ratings are going down.Most of there listeners,(under 17)were attending classes during the year.

By Linda

July 1, 2008 3:08 PM | Link to this

WSB now that I have experienced the replacements for Kelly and Alpha I will be turning to another station. I believe you have made a mistake. Sincerely, Linda

By nita

July 1, 2008 9:46 PM | Link to this

I’ve listened to Kelly and Alpha since moving to ATL in 2004 and will definitely miss waking up to them in the a.m. Hopefully someone in ATL will realize that you guys are a great team and snap you up right away - because you’ll make them an immediate success. I’ll be waiting to see where you are so I can again wake up to the great humor of Kelly and Alpha.

By Karen

July 2, 2008 8:19 AM | Link to this

I have listened to the replacements for Kelly and Alpha, and WSB has truely made a mistake. I will be tuning into another station now, for my morning ride to work.

By Valerie

July 2, 2008 3:35 PM | Link to this

B98.5 has made a BIG mistake. I didn’t like Steve and Vikki before and still don’t. I’ve been listening to Kelly and Apha for the full 9 1/2 years, like many others. That says something. I be looking you guys on another ATL station,hopefully, or where ever you end up. Thanks for a ride guys!

By Claudia

July 2, 2008 4:39 PM | Link to this

I have truly enjoyed your show over the years and will miss both you and your crew on my ride to work. Stay happy and healthy — especially you Kelly. Good luck and God Bless

By Claudia

July 2, 2008 4:42 PM | Link to this

By Bob Barker

July 7, 2008 10:34 AM | Link to this

Let me see if I have this right, There were 2 lite FM statiions in Atlanta, one switched over to country while the remaining B98.5 stayed the same. In my mind this made the Kelly and Alpha show the winners of lite FM. So now the bean counters at COX decide to fire the winners and hire the losers. As they say in the Guiness ads ‘BRILLIANT’. Just another screwup by the bean counters, they have ripped the heart and soul out of the Atlanta morning drive time segment. I listened to the new show for about 15 minutes and had to turn off the radio. Some station with an eye toward great morning radio will come along and hire Kelly and Alpha, making them once again the leaders of morning radio.

By CKN

July 7, 2008 11:06 AM | Link to this

You are both missed….terribly. Bad decision for Cox.

By jeanie banks

July 7, 2008 2:57 PM | Link to this

I miss Kelly and Alpha sooooo much. Their voices are so wonderful. I just can’t get used to hearing Steve and Vicki. I listened to them years ago, and they are annoying. I hope Kelly and Alpha will show up again in Atlanta.

By KMK

July 8, 2008 9:09 AM | Link to this

Kelly and Alpha was starting their show on B98.5 just as when I moved back to Atlanta from Tokyo. I’ve been listening to them for the last 9&1/2 years. I will definitely miss them. No, I don’t care for Steve & Vikki. In fact, I can’t stand them!!Therefore, I wouldn’t be listening to B98.5 anymore in the morning.

By John

July 10, 2008 3:46 PM | Link to this

I think what Atlanta truly needs is a radio stations that only plays music from the 70’s and 80’s. There are currently too many stations in Atlanta which cater to the under 25 years old group. Kelly and Alpha could do the morning show on that station.

By Doris

July 10, 2008 6:33 PM | Link to this

As soon as you are back, I will be back. I truly miss you Kelly and Alpha!!! For now I have switched to my old cd’s and I’m praying you come back real soon. The Steve and Vicky show does nothing for me of anyone in my family. I’m sad for the decision of the radio station but I believe everything happens for a reason. Your opportunities are just ahead!! Best of luck, your audience loves YOU.

By billy from decatur

July 10, 2008 7:43 PM | Link to this

turnoff welcome back, mmmm the kang misses you,

By Carlos from Dacula

July 11, 2008 6:09 PM | Link to this

They were the only decent show in the morning. Steve & Vikki can surely put me to sleep, so for my on safety while I drive I’m using my iPod. Way to go B98.5, does B stands for backstabbing???

By Carlos from Dacula

July 11, 2008 6:10 PM | Link to this

They were the only decent show in the morning. Steve & Vikki can surely put me to sleep, so for my own safety while I drive I’m using my iPod. Way to go B98.5, does B stands for backstabbing???

By Su from Kennesaw

July 14, 2008 10:46 AM | Link to this

I miss Kelly and Alpha. Steve and Vickie pat themselves on the back way too much. They are not funny and I don’t need to know how many “stars” they know. I need my Kelly and Alpha back. They were a perfect mix of adult conversation, music, news, weather, traffic, and fun.

By Su from Kennesaw

July 14, 2008 10:49 AM | Link to this

By Jess

July 14, 2008 2:35 PM | Link to this

I have been waking up to Kelly and Alpha for the last 2 years, ever since I came to work in Atlanta. I enjoyed their banter and comments on everything that was going on in the country. I miss you guys and hope to hear your voices again soon.

By Art

July 24, 2008 9:09 AM | Link to this

The only reason I listened to B985 was Kelly and Alpha. I don’t know who Steve and Vicki are. I came to northwest GA about 3 years ago and i Liked the pair, I’ll miss them. I heard Steve and Vicki once, and did not like them. I switched to 96.1 and the Giant Show.

By Hate S$V

July 31, 2008 11:12 PM | Link to this

I really enjoyed Kelly and Alpha. I have been a fan since they came to Atlanta. I thought Steve and Vicki were rude and obnoxious before the left their former station. I can’t believe 98.5 thought they were a better fit. I don’t listen in the morning because Steve and vicki get on my last nerve. Bring back Kelly and Alpha PLEASE!!!

By Hate S$V

July 31, 2008 11:15 PM | Link to this

By Hate S$V

July 31, 2008 11:15 PM | Link to this

By Bob Barker

August 2, 2008 2:19 PM | Link to this

I just became acquainted with WYAY 106.7 which plays oldies from the 50’s and 60’s. In the morning drive time they broadcast Imus. Just a thought, wouldn’t this format be great for Kelly and Alpha, besides Imus will not miss the money. Let’s face it the mornings in the Atlanta area need Kelly and Alpha.

By kathy

August 20, 2008 9:30 AM | Link to this

I found Steve and Vicki very immature on their rantings and stupid “tricks and tactics” I agree, B98.5, SHAME ON YOU! B98.5 was perfect for office listening as it did not offend our patients. I guess that is why sattelite radio was invented!

By Beth

September 16, 2008 9:01 PM | Link to this

Steve and Vicki really get me out of bed b/c I am desperate to turn off the radio and shut them up. Unfortunately, where we live, B98.5 is the only radio station our clock radio will pick up. Ditching Kelly and Alpha was a huge mistake. Now, why is north Georgia so windy in the mornings? Because Steve and Vicki suck.

By Beverely

September 18, 2008 10:28 PM | Link to this

Time to get those 2 racist fools off the radio and get someone who does not see color or we do not have to know their polotical preference. Let Kelly go work on his sobriety, find a wife, and get a life. I was sick and tired of those 2, but my bathroom radio cannot change dial. Now I can exhale in the mornings. Steve and Vicki, a breath of fresh air.

By CLM01

September 23, 2008 4:26 PM | Link to this

Well the Steve & Vikki talk show is now on B98.5. It is a shame that Kelly & Alpha were replaced by two people who havenít figured out that their audience has matured. Their teenage material is too much for me to handle. Iím glad I now have XM radio. Good-bye Atlanta radio.

By Beth

October 4, 2008 7:03 PM | Link to this

Kelly & Alpha? Steve & Vickie? It’s all the same if it’s on B98.5. I quit listening a long time ago b/c it’s SO BORING. Same songs over and over and over. I joke that if you thought B98.5 had 99 songs to play, you were wrong - and that’s why they are B98.5. Hey! Is that Macy Gray? I have not heard that darn song in HOURS!

Commenting is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F